Privacy and Cookies
Last updated: October 2018
ScubaHive collects information about you when you use our website, any other websites through which ScubaHive makes the services available, applications, and other online products and services (collectively known as “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. The information that follows applies to all of these platforms.
1. Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our Services to engage in scuba diving related experiences (“Users”). This Statement does not apply to information we collect from our partners or any other persons who use the ScubaHive platform under license (collectively known as “Scuba Service Providers”). If you interact with the Services as both a Users and Scuba Service Providers, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions.
2. What kind of personal information does ScubaHive use?
When you make a booking/reservation, you may be asked for the following name, address, contact number, email address, payment details, the name of guests traveling with you and your preferences. To make it easier to manage your reservations, you can open a user account. This allows you to save and edit your personal settings.
When you visit our Site, even if you don’t make a reservation, we may collect certain information, like your IP address, or browser, and information about your device’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
3. Why does ScubaHive collect, use and share your personal data?
- Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your reservation and forward your details to the Scuba Service Provider you have booked.
- Customer Service: We provide international customer service from our local office. Sharing your details with our customer service allows for quick response when you need us – including helping you find an appropriate service and any questions you might have.
- Guest Reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you to write a guest review after your experience. This can help other travelers choose a Scuba Service Provider that suits them best.
- Account Administration: We offer a user account facility on our website. We use the information you give us to administer this, allowing you to take advantage of special offers, make future reservations more easily and manage your personal settings.
- Marketing Activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you make a reservation with us or set up a user account, we may use your contact information to send you news about similar products and services. We may also send our customers newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communication at any time.
- When we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to make contact with you by phone.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you haven’t finalized a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the service items again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review of your experience with ScubaHive.
- We may also send you other material related to your reservation, such as how to contact ScubaHive if you need assistance while you’re away.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will only be used with your consent.
- Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement and process and store it in, Malaysia and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
4. How does ScubaHive use social media?
We use social media to promote our Scuba Services Providers’ properties and to promote, improve and facilitate our own services website. For example, we integrated social media plugins into the ScubaHive website. So when you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider, and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
In addition to implementing these buttons, ScubaHive uses social media by maintaining accounts on several social media sites and by offering social apps. These social media services may allow you to share information with ScubaHive. When you register with a social media app, you’ll be told which information will be shared with ScubaHive. The information you choose to share with us may include the basic information that’s already available in your social media profile, email address, status updates, and your friends list. This information is necessary to create a unique user experience either in the app itself or on our website. It facilitates things like personalizing our website to suit your needs, connecting you with your friends on diving destinations and analyzing and enhancing our diving-related services.
We may also enable you to sign in to ScubaHive services with your social media accounts. Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data in such cases.
5. Sharing of information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through our services
We may share your information:
With Scuba Service Providers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name, photo (if you provide one), contact details, and/or any other relevant information;
With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us. With third-party payment service providers (example, PayPal) to facilitate payment. With third-party advertisement networks to market our services on other platforms, or involve third-party providers for analytical purposes (example, GoogleAnalytics, and GoogleAds). With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate. These third parties involved in any of these services will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use your personal information for any purposes other than those specified above; and
With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public.
Other important sharing
We may share your information:
With ScubaHive subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ScubaHive or others; and
In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
6. Analytics and advertising services provided by others
7. How does ScubaHive use guest reviews and other destination-related information you share with us?
After you use any service booked through us, you’ll be invited to submit a guest review, which may ask for information about the service item, the surrounding areas, and the destination. By completing a guest review, you’re agreeing that it can be displayed (as further described in our Terms and Conditions) on, for example, the relevant service information page on our websites, in our mobile apps, in our social media accounts and in social apps, or on the website of the relevant property or on our business partner’s website, to inform other travelers about the quality of the service item you used.
If you indicate that a guest review was helpful – or not helpful – we will aggregate this with feedback from other customers in order to sort and prioritize guest reviews. We may use the information in your lists or in other destination-related information you share with us in an anonymous format to help other travelers find the right destination.
1. Cookies Overview
A cookie is a small data file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer, which enables us to value-add and tailor your user experience. Cookies typically are not stored for more than a year. You can delete/disable the cookies at any time. You are able to opt out of cookies at any time by changing the settings on your browser. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to access or benefit from all the functionality and availability of the Services. We treat cookies as personal information. For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
The following is strictly necessary for the operations of our Services:
- Functional Cookies: Cookies to make you use the platform easier (e.g. remembering your country or search filters). This includes authentication cookies, security and site integrity cookies, localization cookies, and site features and services cookies.
- Analytics/Performance/Research Cookies: Enabling us to measure and improve our Services, testing of Services, use of conversion pixels, offer live support, track errors, monitor performance of our Services.
- Advertising Cookies: Things like pixels are used to deliver relevant ads, track ads, campaign performance and efficiency. Similarly, our partners may use a cookie, attribution service or another similar technology to determine whether we’ve served an ad and how it performed or provide us with information about how you interact with them.
- Targeting Cookies: Serve you tailored relevant ads or platform experience on your website behavior, and allow you to share pages with social networks.
2. Does ScubaHive use third-party marketing and analytics cookies?
Yes. ScubaHive uses the services of trusted and recognized online advertising and marketing companies. ScubaHive may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies.
The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may want to visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
ScubaHive will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
ScubaHive is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against loss, misuse, and theft of information.
When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or Paypal address) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). This keeps your information safe while it is transferred over the internet. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You are advised not to share sensitive data publicly. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us.
In the event of any breach of security, ScubaHive will make any legally required disclosures concerning the breach and the confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” to you via email or via a posting on the Site and Application without unreasonable delay in as far as it is consistent with any legitimate needs of law enforcement and any measures required to determine the scope of the breach and to safeguard the integrity of data.
The services offered by ScubaHive are not directed at children under 18 years of age. The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we receive information from a child under 18 years of age, we reserve the right to delete it.
Changes to the Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Statement, please contact us at email@example.com